Dienstag, August 17, 2004

Time Travel Pattern Language

I just discovered a paper describing the Time Travel pattern language for objects that change. The patterns address objects that have a browsable history of modifications where the modifications can have effects in the past and the future. These problems often arise with contracts where the time of making the modification can differ from the time where the modification takes effect.
Example: One week ago I buyed a new car. Now I send a notice to my insurance company. While the contract is modified tomorrow when my notice reaches the insurance company, the modification has to take effect one week ago in the past.
Once I was in a project at an insurance company and we had exactly the same problems. At the end we came to very similar solutions. Had we known the Time Travel pattern language we could have saved a lot of time, not only to find the solutions but more important to communicate the problems and the solutions.

Post bewerten

Keine Kommentare: